SURMA – Survivability Manager Application
- Advanced – First comprehensive survivability assessment tool for open markets
- Efficient – Based on widely used vessel product model
- More value – Extends the use of existing models
- Expandable – Use cases throughout vessel's entire life cycle
SURMA is a ship design orientated survivability management application, with the purpose of enhancing the survivability related features from the very beginning of the design process.
We have built SURMA on top of a well known ship design environment NAPA. This way the various requirements in any ship project can be effortlessly considered. Although we use NAPA software as a platform for model generation and also further analysis relating to secondary damage effects, SURMA is essentially a separate package, mostly written in C# and using NAPA via API. Our package includes an automatic SURMA model creation facility, which is currently controlled via custom NAPA manager application providing all necessary GUI features required also for the actual analysis and post processing of the results.
There are many advantages in this kind of fully integrated survivability assessment system compared to conventional softwares meant only for survivability evaluation:
- SURMA uses the real 3D geometry which automatically follows the changes as the design improves, hence there's no need for additional geometry model or imports from other systems.
- All the aspects related to the ship's survivability e.g. damage stability, longitudinal strength and functionality of the ship's systems can be assessed.
- The use of NAPA model furthermore enables the aspect of onboard survivability applications currently under development.
- Rapid and flexible, thus new features are easy to add.
For more information, contact SURMA Project Manager Roope Kotiranta.